Friday, October 14, 2011

New points system for Football idea

I have long believed that goals in football and a clean sheet should reflect somehow in the league. That the moment you get a point for a draw plus three for a win, all a bit boring and I feel it is well over due for a shake up. I also feel a team that keeps a clean sheet should also be reward.
My simply idea is to award time that score three or more goals with three points and to reward defenders and goalkeepers with a point for keeping a clean sheet, with a extra point for a score draw.
So how would it work 
Win (3 points), another (3points) if the winning team score 3 or more goal and for a clean sheet (1 point) = 7 points 
Win (3 points), score less than 3 goals (no points), clean sheet (1 point) = 4 points 
1-0 2-1 wins just (3 points) 
1-1, 2-2 etc (2 points) 
0-0 a point
That would throw the cat among the pigeons, giving managers and players a major headache. This would make goals more important than just a simple win. It would shake up promotion and relegation no end with a point up to 7 points up for grabs.
Being a nerdy geek I spent some time making up what the points could look like if it was in use. Some teams fair better than others looking at Cardiff who are on 16pts along with Leicester and Ipswich, under the points system I’m suggesting Ipswich would be on 28pts, Leicester 27pts and Cardiff 24pts

*Note the Hull total should have been 23pts*
In the age of the computer, it should cause no problems in factoring all the data from the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment